All But my Life, by Gerda Wiessman Klein
   

     

https://blairpub.wordpress.com/tag/children/

I had  only  heard  great  thing  about  this  autobiography,  so  I  finally  wrapped  my  self around  it.  Everything  I heard was  true.  While  I  was  reading  this  book,  I  cried  tears  of  sadness,  tears  of  joys,  I  gasped  in  shock, and  laughed  in relief.  I  hope everybody  reads  this  book.


The  main  character,  Garda,  is  my  favorite  character.  She  also  intrigues  me  the  most.  While  she  was growing  up  as   a  young  a  Jewish  girl,  something  terrible  happened.  World  War  II  broke  out.  Gerda’s brother  left  to  go  fight  in  the army  and  soon  enough  her  father  was  separated  from  Gerda  and  her  mother. On  the  way  to  the concentration camp  Gera  was  separated  from  her  mother.  From  here  on  out,  Gerda was  alone.

Gerda  is  my  favorite  character  because  even  though  this  was  the  hardest  time  in  her  life  she  pushed through  it  and   lived.  She  makes  it  through  the  easier  parts  of  the  Holocaust  and  pushes  herself  until  she reaches  the  end  of  the harder  parts.

The  scene  that  I  found  most  difficult  to  read  was  the  Death  March  at  the  end  of  the  Holocaust.  Reading about  all the  people  that  lost  their  lives  when  they  were  so  close  to  surviving  was  gut  wrenching.  All  I could  think  was“That was  somebody’s  child”.

All  But  my  Life  was  an  emotionally  hard  book  to  read.  However,  while  reading  this  book  I  learned  a  lot  and I realized  how  much  I  have  to  be  great  full  for. 


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com